We are approaching the end of a year that was unprecedented. Although there has been a lot of chaos and obstacles this year, online casinos have been able to bring a smile to the faces of some lucky players, making them richer than they were before. Ahead of the New Year, we look at five big jackpot wins in 2020 that have happened at online casinos.
- $ 443,480 was won by a Pennsylvania woman who worked in a restaurant, but was unemployed since April due to COVID, and in mid-November hit the Divine Fortune jackpot on BetRivers Online.
A woman named Lynn was playing a progressive online slot on her mobile when she hit a huge mega jackpot with a $ 3 bet. A mother of three said she and her husband watched TV late at night on the couch while she played a popular online game. When she hit the mega jackpot, she said that her husband didn’t believe her until she showed him the screen.
When asked what she was going to do with her jackpot win, Lynn quickly replied: “Pay off my house, car and other debts. It will be a great Christmas!”.
- € 4.2 million won by a lucky player spinning wheels on his laptop at Wildz online casino. The man won the fateful jackpot of 4.2 million euros in the progressive game Yggdrasil’s Empire Fortune this May.
Empire Fortune and Joker Millions have paid out several major global jackpots over the years, and total player rewards now reach € 39.5 million.
Empire Fortune offers a feature rich and fun base game with three separate jackpots to be won in the bonus game.
- 7.7 million euros. A week before the Empire Fortune Jackpot, Microgaming’s Mega Moolah Progressive Jackpot delivered its first Mega Jackpot win via Atlantean Treasures Mega Moolah, which was € 7,784,425.63.
The player won a seven-figure prize at River Belle online casino and joined the list of millionaires earned through the Microgaming progressive jackpot network, which has paid out over € 1.1 billion since its inception.
- Microgaming’s popular Mega Moolah progressive jackpot slot worth € 10.7 million was paid out in April at JackpotCity Casino with a whopping € 10,735,716.84 prize.
The winning player was the last millionaire earned on the Microgaming progressive jackpot network, and the eight-figure jackpot was paid out in a lump sum, like all winnings on the network.
- Mega Moolah – Jackpot € 14.2 Million. This August, the lucky winner of LuckyCasino won € 14,239,532.84 to hit the Progressive Jackpot at Microgaming’s Mega Moolah. This is the largest jackpot ever won in an online casino in Sweden.
“Somewhere deep down I probably believed in this dream all along, but when I hit the jackpot I thought it was a joke. It was only when I got a call from Lucky Casino that I realized that my life would suddenly change. It is impossible to describe in words how happy I am – I think it will take some time before I realize how much money I won, ”said the lucky winner, who remained anonymous.